Custom Web Design Process for SiteBuilder
Turn SiteBuilder into a Custom Site
This is an overview of our custom web design build out services for SiteBuilder. Customers that want a Website makeover or a full custom Website built out on our secure SiteBuilder Platform can learn about the process here.
1. Discuss customers objectives for the new design
2. Customer relays ideas and concepts for the look, feel and functionality of the new design.
3. Review requirement and feasibility and contact customer with any questions or concerns.
4. The most basic of requirements would be, Navigation structure, theme, number of pages and sub-pages, special functionality such as eCommerce or other interactive features. If product setup required, include the number of products.
6. Once the site design requirements are agreed upon and approved, we prepare and submit our proposal to the customer.
1. If the proposal is accepted, we email over the service agreement.
2. Service agreement needs to be signed and emailed or mailed back to us.
3. We Typically require half of the payment for the website as Initial payment. The final payment is due upon completion or on a specified date. However, for smaller sites we require payment in full up front. We accept checks or major credit cards (except Discover) as payment. Payment may be made by phone or securely through our online form.
Design Specs (look and feel):
1. We will need your logo in electronic format (no scans). The preferred format is Photoshop .PSD or high quality .GIF or .JPG
2. We typically base the color scheme of the site on the logo colors. However, this is subjective and we can base it on complementary colors or colors of your choosing.
3. We ask that you send us 3 or 4 sites that you like and tell us why. You may like the colors on one, the layout on the other, the ease of navigation of another and so on. This gives us an idea of the style that you like. Another option is to just have us design it to one of our industry-leading, professional specifications.
4. Once we get a good idea of what you are looking for in the design, we start on the integration into the SiteBuilder CMS.
5. At this point, we need to activate your SiteBuilder Hosting Account. We will need a credit card for this.
6. We publish the site online for you to review. Note: Site will be online but not mapped to your domain name at this point.
7. At this time, the customer either approves the design or asks for revisions.
8. Once the design is approved, we start the build out process.
1. The customer must send us the content (written copy) for all of the website the pages. It is best to send us this as soon as possible.
2. Content integration includes written copy and images that you may want to go on specific pages. We recommend stock images unless you have a professional photographer. A certain amount of stock images will be included in the cost of the project. The sooner you can get this to us the faster your project will be completed.
3. The customer should specify where the content is to be integrated. All copy needs to be sent to us in electronic format such a Microsoft Word .DOC format. Images can be sent in .JPG format.
4. When we receive ALL of the content, we start on the content integration.
1. Your website will be hosted on our SiteBuilder Server which is an integrated Content Management System
2. To view plans, pricing and options please see our Sitebuilder Plans page.
Testing and Live deployment:
We make every effort to make sure you have adequate time to review all aspects of your site. After you review and approve the site, we map it to your domain. At this point, your site is live and we turn it over to you.
Since SiteBuilder is built on a content management system so it’s easy for you to go in and edit the site yourself. If you do not have the time or inclination, we offer several maintenance options.
Options include a Retainer based plan and an hourly based plan. The retainer based plan can be customized to your needs specific needs.
Contact us today for more info and a consultation.
Keith Hickman, Director of Marketing and technology, has been working in the field of Web design and search marketing since 1995 when he was active in the online game development community.
In 1997 Keith founded Advanced Web Site Publishing, which is a full-service Web Design and search engine optimization/marketing company. In 2004, Keith brought Houston’s Host under the AWSP umbrella featuring hosting and additional web services.
In 1999 Keith earned his MCP and MSCE network engineering credentials to further understand networking and server-side management and development.
Keith is now at the forefront of the search engine optimization industry and is highly effective at SEO marketing techniques. He also consults with customers concerning Online marketing and SEO.
Houston’s Host is celebrating its 17th year as part of the AWSP family in 2019.